ON AIR: ----
YOUR QUESTIONS - OUR ANSWERS
Here we would like to answer some of the frequently asked questions. In case you have further questions, just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The station's name was taken from the single "Sylvia" released in 1972 by the Dutch band "Focus" - until the present day this is our station theme.
If your music matches our format, you can send us your tracks via e-mail, provide a download link or send a CD to our P.O. box address. You can find our contact details below.
Internet radios acquire their station lists from specific radio portals. Radio Sylvia is listed on all main portals (Reciva, Frontier Silicon etc.). However, in case we are not available on a specific internet radio, you can carry out one of the following steps:
- Send an e-mail with the description of the problem to email@example.com. We will take care of everything else.
- In case you know where the radio gets its station list from, send an e-mail to the portal and request to add Radio Sylvia to the station list. You can find our stream address here.
- If your radio supports entering stream addresses directly, type in our address and save it.
- Register our stream address as your personal favourite on the radio portal. As an example, Reciva offers the possibility to define stream addresses as favourites. For this, a user account is required and the radio must be registered with its serial number.
If possible, please carry out one of the first two steps, so that all users of this specific internet radio will benefit from it.
In case the stream temporarily skips, there are problems on the way from our stream server to the receiver (i.e. your radio or web player). Before the receiver plays the stream, it always buffers a few seconds of the stream contents to compensate possible data transfer irregularities. When the buffer runs empty because of transfer problems, the stream stops and continues as soon as the buffer is full again. Frequent buffering is due to the following main reasons:
- Poor internet connection: The internet connection is too slow or defective. - Remedies: Use a better internet connection or change to the 32 kbit/s stream. It may also help to restart the router.
- Buffer too small: Possibly the buffer of the receiver (your radio or web player) is set to the wrong size. - Remedies: If you use a radio, check its manual to see if the buffer size can be adjusted. In case you receive Radio Sylvia with a web player, increase the buffer there (if possible). Alternatively you can check if the 32 kbit/s stream runs without interruptions.
- Lacking computer performance: In case the problem occurs while you listen to Radio Sylvia on a computer, possibly a software requiring much computer power is running in the background. As a result, there is not enough performance to process the Radio Sylvia stream. - Remedy: Stop the software running in the background.